Need help? Call (831) 655-1334 or(831) 758-4011 or FAX (831) 655-8781
(NEW) DMV: ONE-YEAR EXTENSION TO SENIORS 70+
The DMV is providing an automatic one-year extension to Californians age 70 and older with a noncommercial driver license with an expiration date between March 1 and December 31, 2020. This action delays the requirement for this population to visit a DMV office during the COVID-19 pandemic. The press release can be found here.
- Age 70+ (noncommercial): Expires Mar-Dec 2020. (Now): Extend for one year from original expiration date.
- Age 69 & younger (noncommercial): Expiration Mar-Jul 2020. Expanded eligibility to renew online or by mail.
- Commercial (all ages): Expiration Mar-Sep 2020. Extended to Sept 30, 2020.
- Senior Shuttles: Call at least 24 hours in advance.1-888-678-2871
CANCELLED Bus Services: The following bus routes have been suspended.
- Lines 47, 55, 70, 72, 74, 75, 76, 78, 86 have been cancelled
- Line 84 Southbound – Departing King City at 6:24am (cancelled)
- Line 84 Northbound – Departing San Ardo at 7:07am (cancelled)
- For a complete list of ALL cancelled bus routes, click here.
- For a list of bus services that are in operation, click here.
Other Transportation Options During COVID-19 Crisis:
- ITN-Monterey: Will ONLY provide rides for seniors for cancer treatments, dialysis treatments and other medical necessities. Questions? Call 831-233-3447.
- Central Coast Alliance for Health
- Uber /Lyft
The Transportation Coordination Program
Our program educates seniors and increase their knowledge about local transportation options and encourages their use. We work with local direct transportation providers and the entire transportation network to ensure the most current, accurate information is available.
A senior can make a one-on-one appointment and be assured of meeting with an aging professional who focuses on his/her unique transportation needs. We will assist seniors in understanding, accessing available services, and planning transportation routes.
Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST)
- MST- Bus Service
- MST- Transit Bus/Senior Shuttle
- MST Travel Training
- MST- On Call South County & Marina
- MST – RIDES ADA Paratransit
- MST -Taxi Vouchers (Salinas & Peninsula)
- MST – TRIPS
- MST – Special Medical Trips
Where Can MST Take Me?
Bus lines in the Peninsula:
- Bus line #55 goes from Monterey to San Jose Airport
- Bus line # 92 goes from CHOMP to Pacific Meadows
- Bus line # 93 passes through Ryan Ranch to Monterey Airport
South Monterey County:
- Line # 23 is the line that runs through the greater parts of South County.
- Travel from city to city and also up North to Salinas
- It becomes line # 84 passing King city and travels to Paso Robles
- Line # 86 travels from King City – San Jose Airport
Other Transportation Vendors:
- Central Coast Alliance for Health (MediCal)*
- ITN-Monterey County
- Aspire Health Plan*
- Go-Go Grandparent
- American Cancer Society
- Freedom Medical Transport Apps:
- Transit App
- Uber & Lyft
FOR ASSISTANCE: Call (831) 655-1334 or (831) 758.4011 o
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we will not be holding any in-person meetings at the Soledad Library or Greenfield Library. However, we are committed to assisting you with your transportation needs during this period.
Funding for this program provided by the Transportation Agency of Monterey County with funds allocated through Measure X.