As a community leader and advocate, the Alliance on Aging provides services and resources that address the challenges and opportunities of aging
It’s Vegas, Baby! The fun and fabulous Trashion Show returns to Salinas with an even bigger and grander theme, “Las Vegas”. Watch for Elvis, Britney Spears, the Rat Pack and other Vegas celebrities make their star appearances throughout the show. Your favorite Vegas idol will be dressed in unique outfits created by local artists. Over 20 talented artists will showcase their ingenuity by transforming everyday trash—coffee bags, papers, candy wrappers and more into one-of-a-kind dresses worthy of New York’s fashion runways. Come see what all the excitement is all about while helping to raise funds for the Alliance on Aging.
EVENT: Friday, Sept 6th
PLACE: Corral De Tierra Country Club
SHOWS: LUNCH @ 11:30am; DINNER @ 7:00pm (cocktails @ 6:00pm)
TICKETS (Lunch): $90 per person / $110 runway; (Dinner): $175 per person /$200 runway. Tables of 10 available (limited). For tickets: Call (831) 655-7559 or click here for more details.
Are you eligible for farmers’ markets coupons which will help you save money on food? Come find out. Reyna Gross, 831-655-7562 will be on hand to check your eligibility and handout coupons. Must be low income and 60+. Only 1 coupon booklet per household per year. Reyna will be at the following sites:
- July 19 (10:00am-2:00pm): Farmers ‘Market at MPC Campus. 980 Freedom St. (L0t A), Monterey
- July 20 (Seaside Farmers’ Market). 656 Broadway, Seaside
- July 21 (10:00am-2:00pm): Marina Farmers’ Market. Marina Village Shopping Center. 215 Reservation Rd, Marina
- July 31 (11:00am-3:30pm): Natividad Medical Center Farmers’ Market. 1441 Constitution Blvd., Salinas
Click here for dates and locations of Farmers’ Markets for July and August.
TUES, JULY 23: WORKSHOP
The Alliance on Aging and the Hospice Giving Foundation are hosting an informational workshop called “Advance Care Planning” to help you with organizing, preparing for, and celebrating your end-of-life plans. Facilitators in this informative session will guide you through organizing personal, medical and financial details for that important decision in your life.
- Tues, July 23 (2:00pm-3:30pm). The Park Lane – 200 Glenwood Circle (Media Room, Level A), Monterey. For more information, click here.
This workshop is designed to help senior drivers to:
- Tune up their driving skills and refresh their knowledge of the “Rules of the Road.
- Learn about normal age-related physical changes and how to adjust
- Become better, safer and more alert drivers
- Discuss when it may be time to limit or stop driving
- Understand alternatives to driving
Date: Wed, Aug 14 (10:00am-12 Noon) at Alliance on Aging – 247 Main St, Salinas.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion that may be accepted by their auto insurance for a discounted premium. For more info, please call (831) 655-1334 or click here.
Confused about Medicare? Come join us and learn about the basics of Medicare–Part A, Part B and Part D advantage plans, supplemental plans, penalties, low income assistance programs and more!
- Wed, Aug 28 (6:00pm-7:30pm). Harrison Memorial Library – Ocean Ave @ Lincoln, Carmel-by-the-Sea or click here. Questions? Call (831) 655-1334.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Calresh provides you with healthy foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and more each month. Want to know more about the program? Call Reyna Gross at (831) 655-7562. Ms Gross can help you determine if you are eligible and fill out an application. If approved, you will receive an EBT card by mail within 30 days.
Alliance on Aging is proud to announce a NEW service to seniors who needs transportation assistance. We will be able to provide a ONE-ON-ONE personalized plan that will help seniors with their transportation needs–from doctor’s appointments to shopping for groceries and more. For more details, please click here for more information or call Maribel at (831) 655-1334 or (831) 758-4011.