As a community leader and advocate, the Alliance on Aging provides services and resources that address the challenges and opportunities of aging
Need to get your taxes done? Alliance on Aging can help. We are offering FREE income tax preparation for seniors at the following locations (English and Spanish). Taxes are prepared on a first come, first served basis.
- Monday, Mar 25 (9:00am-1:00pm). American Legion Post #31 (14 W. Laurel Dr, Salinas). More info.
- Monday, April 1 (9:00am-1:00pm). Salinas Valley Community Church (368 San Juan Grade Road, Salinas). Click for info in English. Spanish.
- Monday, April 8 (9:00am-1:00pm). Salinas Valley Community Church (368 San Juan Grade Road, Salinas). Click for info in English. Spanish.
Questions? Please call Jody (831) 646-4931 for more information.
Aging at the movies is back! Meet new friends while enjoying popcorn, a movie and discussions. Date/time/movie are listed below.
- March 25: The Book Club
Movies are shown at the Alliance on Aging (247 Main St., Salinas). Questions? Call (831) 758-4011 or click here for more info.
SPANISH SEMINAR. For our South County residents. Come learn the basics of Medicare at the following location. Event is FREE and in Spanish.
- Tues, March 26 @ 3:00pm; Greenfield Branch Library–315 El Camino Real, Greenfield). Call 831-655-1334 or click here.
- Thurs, April 25 (5:30pm-7:00pm); Sally Griffin Senior Center–700 Jewell Ave, Pacific Grove, CA or click here.
Questions? Call (831) 655-1334.
Meet new friends at our monthly community luncheon. This month’s event will take place on Tuesday, April 2nd at Saint Ansgar’s Lutheran Church–72 East San Joaquin St., Salinas, CA. Lunch ($10 donation) is served at 12 noon and includes lunch, dessert and your choice of beverage. A NO COST produce market is open to luncheon attendees from 10:00 – 11:30 am. Click here for menu.
- Tues, April 2nd (Blackened Chicken over Pasta in Cream Sauce)
- Tues, May 7th (Salisbury Steak with Red Potatoes & Veggies)
- Tues, June 4th (Pork Chops with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Veggies)
The Alliance on Aging will be hosting a new speakers brown bag series starting on Thurs, April 11th from 12:00 noon – 1:00pm at our Salinas main office, 247 Main Street. TOPIC: “How Do We Prepare for the Financial Challenges that Come With Aging?”. SPEAKER: Steve Mudd, local elder law attorney. Do not miss this opportunity to discuss financial planning for retirement and beyond. For more information, please call (831) 655-1334 or click here.
The fun and fabulous South County Trashion Show took place on Thursday, February 21st at Salinas Valley Fairgrounds to a sellout crowd of over 300 attendees. This year’s event showcased 22 unique outfits made from everyday trash—soda cans, plastic cups, trash bags, newspapers and more. The theme of the event was the Old West. Sheriff Steve Bernal played the role of the sheriff and Audra Vaccarezza, our fashion commentator, was Miss Kitty from the TV show, Gunsmoke. Our special thanks to the many volunteers who worked hard to make this event a success. We want to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors–local businesses, individuals and wineries for making this event possible.
To view 2019 photos, click here.
Alliance on Aging is proud to announce a NEW service to seniors who needs transportation assistance. We will be able to provide a ONE-ON-ONE personalized plan that will help seniors with their transportation needs–from doctor’s appointments to shopping for groceries and more. For more details, please click here for more information or call Maribel at (831) 655-1334 or (831) 758-4011.