Medicare: Info Video (Short)
The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program or “HICAP” provides no cost counseling, information, and assistance to consumers regarding the Medicare program. Our counselors must complete an intensive training and are registered with the California Department of Aging. They receive continuing education to remain aware of changes in the Medicare regulations.
We can assist you with the following:
- Medicare benefits
- Supplemental (Medigap) insurance
- Evaluate and identify the right Part D Drug plan
- Billing and claims procedures
- Assist on your behalf with providers
- Research Patient Assistant Programs (help with medication costs)
- Provide public speakers on Medicare-related issues
Services are by appointment only. To schedule, please contact Melissa Raya at 831.655.7567.
Para asistencia en español, favor de comunicarse con, Melissa Raya al numero 831.655.7567.
We do not sell insurance; we provide unbiased information to help you make an educated decision about your health care coverage.
MEDICARE: DROP-IN (GREENFIELD)
For our South County residents. We will be holding a special 2-day enrollment sessions just for you. Our Medicare experts will be on hand to help you with identify the best coverage for your needs.
- Thurs, Nov 14 (10:30am-3pm); Greenfield Branch Library–315 El Camino Real, Greenfield).
Prescription drug plans change every year. Now is the time to add, switch or drop Medicare Advantage or Part D. We can help you identify the best coverage for you during the following FREE drop-in sessions (on a first-come, first served basis). Please call 831-655-1334 for more information. All sessions are held at Alliance on Aging, 247 Main St., Salinas.
- Friday, Nov 8 (10:00am-3:00pm)
- Thursday, Nov 21 (10:00am-3:00pm)
- Wednesday, Dec 4 (10:00am-3:00pm)
Medicare costs, Medicare Advantage (Part C) and the prescription drug plans (Part D) change every year. Come join us and learn about Medicare updates such as: What are the premiums and deductibles next year? Is there a less expensive coverage at the following locations:
- Nov 4 (9:15am)—ENGLISH: Scholze Park Center, MONTEREY
- Nov 6 (10:30am)—ENGLISH: CV Library, CARMEL VALLEY
- Nov 7 (11:00am)—ENGLISH: Marina Library, MARINA
- Nov 12 (12:30pm)—SPANISH: King City Recreation Ctr, KING CITY
- Nov 12 (1:15pm)—ENGLISH: King City Recreation Ctr, KING CITY
- Nov 20 (9:30am)—ENGLISH: Sally Griffin Center, PACIFIC GROVE
Questions? Call (831) 655-1334 or click here for dates and locations.
(SCAM ALERT): SSA Employee Impersonation Scheme
The Social Security Administration (SSA) has a new warning. Criminals are impersonating SSA employees in a scheme to acquire personal information from victims and using the victim’s information to re-direct bank deposit, address, and phone numbers with the SSA. Beware of telephone calls with a “323” area code.
For more info, please check the SSA website at: https://blog.socialsecurity.gov/inspector-general-warns-public-about-ssa-employee-impersonation-scheme/#more-2718
Related Program Links: