The Elder Economic Security Index
- 43% of all elders age 65+ do not have enough income to meet their basic needs. The Federal Poverty level is $12,490 annually. In Monterey County though, elders need $24,000 just to meet basic needs.
The Elder Justice Act
- The National Center on Elder Abuse reports 62% of abuse, neglect or exploitation of adults living at home involves mistreatment by other people; 38% involve self-neglect. Learn the signs of abuse and hear the stories from elders themselves.
Reauthorization of the Older Americans Act
- One in three older Americans is economically insecure, living ONE bad break away from economic crisis. The Older Americans Act (OAA) is a key vehicle for helping seniors stay healthy, find employment, and age in place – all of which saves taxpayers millions of dollars each year. Congress is debating OAA funding and reauthorization. Raise your voice in support of the OAA and urge members of Congress to do the same. Learn more today.
Be a Voice for Change
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead
Signup to receive email Advocacy Alerts
CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS
- CA Assembly Member Robert Riva (D)
- CA Assembly Member Mark Stone (D)
- CA Senator State John Laird (D)
- CA State Senator Anna Caballero (D)
- US Congressman Jimmy Panetta (D)
- US Senator Dianne Feinstein (D), CA
- US Senator Alex Padilla (D), CA