Alliance on Aging reaches out to people throughout Monterey County in a variety of ways by:
- Participating in community events such as health fairs and local festivals
- Distributing information about the Alliance on Aging and other local services for older adults and their families
- Providing speakers for community groups and service organizations
- Giving voice to the concerns of community elders at the local and state level
- Reaching out to low-income, monolingual, and other hard to reach seniors who may qualify for benefits
For more information, contact Reyna Gross or Jody Rogers at 831.655.1334.
Are You Eligible for Farmers’ Market Coupons?
Click here for dates and locations of Farmers’ Markets.
Questions? Please call Reyna Gross at 831-655-7562.
CALFRESH – WHY APPLY?
- CalFresh is easy to use.
- You will get healthy food. Use CalFresh to buy fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and more.
- Each month, Cal Fresh benefits are issued on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card – like an ATM card.
- The EBT card can be used at most grocery stores, discount chains, farmers’ markets and neighborhood stores.
CALFRESH – ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- To be eligible, you must be low income and a legal resident.
Apply in four easy steps.
- Call Reyna Grossat 831-655-7562 about CalFresh.
- Reyna will help you fill out the application and submit it.
- After your application is filed, your county CalFresh office will call you to schedule an interview. You may request a phone interview or other accommodation.
- If your application is approved, you will receive an EBT card by mail within 30 days.