The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program or “HICAP” provides no cost counseling, information, and assistance to consumers regarding the Medicare program.
Our counselors must complete an intensive training and are registered with the California Department of Aging. They receive continuing education to remain aware of changes in the Medicare regulations.
We can assist you with the following:
- Medicare benefits
- Supplemental (Medigap) insurance
- Evaluate and identify the right Part D Drug plan
- Billing and claims procedures
- Assist on your behalf with providers
- Research Patient Assistant Programs (help with medication costs)
- Provide public speakers on Medicare-related issues
Services are by appointment only. To schedule, please contact Tamara McKee at 831.655.1334.
FREE SEMINARS: Learn the Basics of Medicare
- Monday, May 22 (5:30pm-7:00pm) – Sally Griffin Active Living Center, Pacific Grove, CA. Click here for more details.
- Tuesday, June 27 (5:30pm-7:00pm) – Marina Library. Click here for details.
We do not sell insurance; we provide unbiased information to help you make an educated decision about your health care coverage.
Help with the Cost of Prescription Drugs
People with limited income and limited assets may have a hard time paying for their medicines, but help IS available. One can own a home and vehicle and still be eligible for this assistance. The value of personal possessions, burial plots and irrevocable burial contracts are not counted against eligibility as “assets”. Apply now – it’s the only way to see if Medicare will pay 75% or more of your prescription drug costs. Contact Tamara McKee at 831.655.1334 to schedule your appointment.
Please read this important alert regarding a recent scam. Protect yourself from fraud by staying educated.
Our expert staff makes presentations to community groups (in both English and Spanish) on a regular basis. See our News and Events for a listing of current events.
Related Program Links: