The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program or “HICAP” provides no cost counseling, information, and assistance to consumers regarding the Medicare program. Our counselors must complete an intensive training and are registered with the California Department of Aging. They receive continuing education to remain aware of changes in the Medicare regulations.
We can assist you with the following:
- Medicare benefits
- Supplemental (Medigap) insurance
- Evaluate and identify the right Part D Drug plan
- Billing and claims procedures
- Assist on your behalf with providers
- Research Patient Assistant Programs (help with medication costs)
- Provide public speakers on Medicare-related issues
Services are by appointment only. To schedule, please contact Melissa Raya at 831.655.7567.
We do not sell insurance; we provide unbiased information to help you make an educated decision about your health care coverage.
MEDICARE SEMINAR (FREE):
Learn more about options to re-evaluate your coverage especially Part C and Part D prescription drug plans at these FREE seminars. Call 831-655-1334 or click here for date /location of seminars.
- Oct 25 @ 3:30pm (SALINAS–Alliance on Aging–247 Main St., Salinas)
- Oct 31 @ 2:30pm (CARMEL–Carmel Foundation)
(SCAM ALERT): SSA Employee Impersonation Scheme
The Social Security Administration (SSA) has a new warning. Criminals are impersonating SSA employees in a scheme to acquire personal information from victims and using the victim’s information to re-direct bank deposit, address, and phone numbers with the SSA. Beware of telephone calls with a “323” area code.
For more info, please check the SSA website at: https://blog.socialsecurity.gov/inspector-general-warns-public-about-ssa-employee-impersonation-scheme/#more-2718
Related Program Links: