The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program or “HICAP” provides no cost counseling, information, and assistance to consumers regarding the Medicare program. Our counselors must complete an intensive training and are registered with the California Department of Aging. They receive continuing education to remain aware of changes in the Medicare regulations.
We can assist you with the following:
- Medicare benefits
- Supplemental (Medigap) insurance
- Evaluate and identify the right Part D Drug plan
- Billing and claims procedures
- Assist on your behalf with providers
- Research Patient Assistant Programs (help with medication costs)
- Provide public speakers on Medicare-related issues
Services are by appointment only. To schedule, please contact Melissa Raya at 831.655.7567.
We do not sell insurance; we provide unbiased information to help you make an educated decision about your health care coverage.
MEDICARE SEMINAR (FREE): Aug 16, Sept 10, Sep 13
Learn about the basics of Medicare, especially Part A, Part B, Part D, Advantage Plans, Supplemental Plans, penalties, low income assistance programs at a FREE seminar at the following location. Call 831-655-1334.
- Thurs, Aug 16th: 5:30pm-7:00pm (Sally Griffin Center, 200 Jewell Ave., Pacific Grove). Click here for more info.
- Sept 10 @ 5:30pm (Harrison Memorial Library– Ocean Ave & Lincoln, Carmel). Please click here for more information.
- Sept 13 @ 5:30pm (Alliance on Aging–247 Main St., Salinas). Please click here for more details.
(SCAM ALERT): SSA Employee Impersonation Scheme
The Social Security Administration (SSA) has a new warning. Criminals are impersonating SSA employees in a scheme to acquire personal information from victims and using the victim’s information to re-direct bank deposit, address, and phone numbers with the SSA. Beware of telephone calls with a “323” area code.
For more info, please check the SSA website at: https://blog.socialsecurity.gov/inspector-general-warns-public-about-ssa-employee-impersonation-scheme/#more-2718
Related Program Links: