As a community leader and advocate, the Alliance on Aging provides services and resources that address the challenges and opportunities of aging.
TRASHION SHOW: Tickets on Sale NOW!
- Wednesday, August 30th (11:30am-1:30pm) at the Corral De Tierra Country Club.
- Invitations have just been sent. Watch for it in the mail!
- This year’s show promises to be fun, fun, and even more fun!
- TICKETS: $80 per person / $90 per person runway tables (limited)
- TO PURCHASE: Call (831) 655-1334
(SCAM ALERT): SSA Employee Impersonation Scheme
The Social Security Administration (SSA) has a new warning. Criminals are impersonating SSA employees in a scheme to acquire personal information from victims and using the victim’s information to re-direct bank deposit, address, and phone numbers with the SSA. Beware of telephone calls with a “323” area code.
For more info, please check the SSA website at: https://blog.socialsecurity.gov/inspector-general-warns-public-about-ssa-employee-impersonation-scheme/#more-2718
MEDICARE BASICS (AUGUST 28th)
Join us for a FREE presentation of “Learn the Basics of Medicare”. In this informative seminar, you will learn the basics of Part A, Part B, Part D, Advantage Plans, Supplemental Plans, Low Income Assistance Programs and more! Call 831-655-1334 if you have any questions.
- Monday, Aug 28 (5:30pm-7:00pm) at Harrison Memorial Library, Carmel-by-the-Sea. Click here for info.
MEMBERSHIP TIME (Starts now)
It is membership time here at AOA and we want to invite you to renew or become a new member. There are some exciting new benefits we are offering this year to our members—free senior resource guide, free lunch tickets, events/lectures, lunch with executive director and many more.
Your membership donation goes directly towards our efforts to provide critically needed services to seniors throughout the county at no cost in English and in Spanish. They include:
- Medicare information and counseling & Tax Counseling for the Elderly
- Long-term care information & advocacy (Ombudsman) & Senior Peer Counseling
- Community education, Outreach & Benefits Checkup and our Senior Luncheon
Please join or renew your membership. Go to (http://allianceonaging.org/give/) or call 831-655-1334 for details.