As a community leader and advocate, the Alliance on Aging provides services and resources that address the challenges and opportunities of aging.
The fun and fabulous Trashion Show is back! This year’s event promises to be even more exciting with a new theme, a new fashion presenter and over 20 unique one-of-a-kind dresses made from recycled / repurposed everyday trash. NEW this year. We have TWO shows—Lunch and Dinner. Event will take place at Corral de Tierra Golf and Country Club. DATE: Friday, September 7th.
- LUNCH: 11:30am ($85 /$95 Runway).
- DINNER: Cocktails @ 6:00pm ($125 /$135 Runway).
- For tickets, please call Christine at 831-655-7559. For more information, please click here.
Are you are 60+ and low income? Come meet our benefit checkup specialist, Reyna Gross, at the following farmers market. You might be eligible for a free $20 coupon booklet to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables. ONE coupon booklet per household will be provided on site.
- August 4: Salinas Old Town Market Place–Off Main St (9:00am-2:00pm)
- August 15: Natividad Medical Center–1441 Constitution Blvd. (11:00am-3:30pm)
- Questions? Please click here for more info or call Reyna Gross at 831-655-7562.
Learn about the basics of Medicare, especially Part A, Part B, Part D, Advantage Plans, Supplemental Plans, penalties, low income assistance programs at a FREE seminar at the following location. Call 831-655-1334.
- Thurs, Aug 16th: 5:30pm-7:00pm (Sally Griffin Center, 200 Jewell Ave., Pacific Grove). Click here for more info.
Alliance on Aging is proud to announce a NEW service to seniors who needs transportation assistance. We will be able to provide a ONE-ON-ONE personalized plan that will help seniors with their transportation needs–from doctor’s appointments to shopping for groceries and more. For more details, please click here for more information or call Maribel at (831) 655-1334 or (831) 758-4011.
In 1987, August 21st was designated as National Senior Citizens Day. There will be activities throughout the country recognizing seniors for their contributions on that day. We will update you about local activities honoring seniors for that day.