As a community leader and advocate, the Alliance on Aging provides services and resources that address the challenges and opportunities of aging.
“I REMEMBER PAPA”–Father’s Day Weekend (June 17-18)
This Father’s Day, help us pay tribute to all the senior “papas” living in long-term care facilities in Monterey County so that they are not forgotten! For many senior men living in these facilities, Father’s Day can be an especially lonely occasion. Our goal is to change that with “I Remember PAPA”. Volunteers from the Alliance On Aging will deliver baseball caps to these “papas”—fathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers and friends—who have contributed so much to build the community we enjoy today. Donations: $25 per cap for a papa. Call 831-655-1334. For more info about the PAPA event, click here.
MEDICARE BASICS (JUNE 15th & JUNE 27th)
Join us for a FREE presentation of “Learn the Basics of Medicare”. In this informative seminar, you will learn the basics of Part A, Part B, Part D, Advantage Plans, Supplemental Plans, Low Income Assistance Programs and more! Call 831-655-1334 if you have any questions.
- Thurs, June 15 (4:00pm–5:00pm) at Villa Serra Senior Living, 1320 Padre Dr., Salinas, CA. Click here for more details.
- Tues, June 27 (5:30pm-7:00pm) at Marina Library, 190 Seaside Circle, Marina. Click here for info.
JUNE 15: MOVIE “GEN SILENT”
In recognition of Elder Abuse Awareness month, the Monterey County Area Agency on Aging is hosting a one-day only viewing of “Gen Silent”, a documentary about LGBT seniors who fought for equality in their youths and are now facing another battle—fear of discrimination, bullying and abuse at senior care facilities. Cost: Free.
- Thursday, June 15 (4:00pm–5:30pm) at Fox Theater, 241 Main Street, Salinas, CA. Click here for details.
TRASHION SHOW: Tickets on Sale July 5th
- Wednesday, August 30th (11:30am-1:30pm) at the Corral De Tierra Country Club.
- Invitations will be sent in late June. This year’s show promises to be fun, fun, and even more fun!