The Income Tax Counseling Program has been serving clients since 1980. Our IRS-certified staff and volunteers operate the program between February 1 and April 15 each tax season, and help clients with “off-season” inquiries and tax issues.
Eligibility and assistance:
- Aged 60-plus, blind, or disabled
- Low to moderate income
- NO COST tax filing assistance with federal and state tax forms
- Counseling is conducted individually and confidentially
- Services are provided in English and Spanish
- Appointments are available at sites throughout the county
What do I bring to my appointment?
- Form W-2 “Wage and Tax Statement”
- Form 1099 for such things as dividends, distributions from pensions, annuities, I.R.A., sale of stocks, etc.
- A photo ID
- Your Social Security Card
- Your prior year tax returns
For questions about your taxes, contact Sarah Guzman, Income Tax Program Coordinator at 831.655.4242.
(UPCOMING) FREE TAX PREP:
Get your 2017 Federal and Californian income tax returns prepared at NO COST. Please call for location and time at (831) 655-1334.
If you are under age 60 and need assistance, contact The United Way at 831.372.8026.