The Income Tax Counseling Program has been serving clients since 1980. Our IRS-certified staff and volunteers operate the program between February 1 and April 15 each tax season, and help clients with “off-season” inquiries and tax issues.
Eligibility and assistance:
- Aged 60-plus, blind, or disabled
- Low to moderate income
- NO COST tax filing assistance with federal and state tax forms
- Counseling is conducted individually and confidentially
- Services are provided in English and Spanish
- Appointments are available at sites throughout the county
What do I bring to my appointment?
- Form W-2 “Wage and Tax Statement”
- Form 1099 for such things as dividends, distributions from pensions, annuities, I.R.A., sale of stocks, etc.
- A photo ID
- Your Social Security Card
- Your prior year tax returns
For questions about your taxes, contact Sarah Guzman, Income Tax Program Coordinator at 831.655.4242.
MAY 10th: TAX APPOINTMENTS (1-DAY ONLY)
Oh no! You did not file your taxes in time or have a question(s) about your extension. What to do? On Thursday, May 10th, from 10:00am-2:00pm, Alliance on Aging’s volunteer tax counselors can assist you with your 2017 Federal and Californian income tax returns at NO COST for the elderly, low income tax payers. This is by appointment only. Call Jody at 831-646-4931 to schedule.
If you are under age 60 and need assistance, contact The United Way at 831.372.8026.